HAWAII OCEAN SAFETY TEAM
Advisory Board Meeting Minutes
September 9, 2021, 2:00 pm
Zoom Virtual Meeting
- Call to Order 2:07 pm. Mac MacDonald, Gabe Nelson, Robin Bond, Susan Yamamoto, Erika Janzen, Kari Benes, Steve Morita, Alan Hong, Mik Roer, Brad Lindsey, Bill Marhoffer, LT Jessica Hull and MST1 Blacklaw were in attendance..
- Treasurer’s Report:
- HOST bank account has $6,800.79.
- Charges included $5.00 for a paper statement and $9.01 for website hosting.
- Old Business:
- “If Found” sticker update: LCDR Torres of District 14 expressed that he’s willing to advocate for a trial run of the sticker as funds become available and will present the idea to the Coast Guard Auxiliary at an upcoming national event. Gabe Nelson is preparing a final version of the sticker for printing.
- Honolulu Harbor Festival/Maritime Week 2022. The project is in a holding pattern for now, as Bill Anonsen will be looping Denise Yamaguchi in after the conclusion of the Honolulu Food & Wine Festival at the end of October. Pending COVID and other concerns, HOST continues to target Sept 22, 2022, as the festival’s date. Susan Yamamoto will be seeking more information so that she can loop in the Bishop Museum into the project.
- State recognition. No update.
- New Business:
- General Membership Meeting topics? None. Possible cancellation.
- HOST has gone back to virtual meetings this month due to COVID concerns. The next meeting, we may opt to return to a blended in-person/virtual meeting at the outdoor venue at the Waikiki Yacht Club. More info to follow.
- USCG Concerns:
- Bill Marhoffer reported this week’s successful Hawaii Area Committee Meeting.
- Erika Janzen reported that the MSIB deferring MMC expirations during COVID expires October 31, 2021.
- State of Hawaii Concerns: None.
- City and County Concerns (Ocean Safety Division): None.
- Coast Guard Auxiliary/Power Squadron Concerns: None.
- NOAA Concerns: None.
- Hawaii Pilots Concerns: None.
- Announcements: None.
- Next Meeting: Advisory Board Meeting October 14th, 2021.
- Adjourn 2:24 pm.