HOST Advisory Board Meeting
September 13, 2007
Hawaii Yacht Club
Bill Anonsen Paula Carroll
Kimo Corstorphine Bob Heidrich
Bill Mossman Ken Lesperance
LT. Quincey Adams Lt. Jasmin Parker
Chris Woolaway Robin Bond
1. 1500 ( 3:00 pm ) The meeting was called to order – Introductions – Ken Lesperance is representing Anne Stevens. There was no quorum.
2. Approval of last Board and Membership meeting minutes – There were no minutes to approve.
3. Treasurer’s Report – Chris reported that HOST has $2,014.25 in the bank account.
4. Critique of the August Membership Meeting –It was agreed that the recent membership meeting was very good and well attended. Kim did a good job with his oil dispersion presentation.
5. Next Membership Meeting Topics – October 18, 2007
Ethanol Panel made up of State and concerned users to discuss the problems that people are having with the use of ethanol.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential Program (TWIC) – USCG
6. HOST Christmas Party – December 13, 2007 The Board agreed to have the party at the December meeting at the Hawaii Yacht Club as we have had in the past. Bob will confirm the use of the Club and donations and door prizes will be solicited.
7. Pending HOST Issues:
a. SOP 7-98 Multiple Cruise Vessel Visiting Offshore Port Anchorages – Kim has not heard anything from Nancy Murphy from Kona.
b. Tug Assistance – We think it is still with the Attorney General.
c. Harbor Congestion –Bill Anonsen reported that nothing has been resolved as yet. He reported that there is $900 million for harbor modernization.
8. Old Business
a. HOST Advisory Board Members – We are still looking for new Board members from the fishing and ocean recreation groups. Bill Mossman has someone in mind.
b. HOST Logo – Bob Heidrich will have a mock-up today and will send out to the members. He will also look at a bid for logo on hats.
6. New Business
a. Hawaii Fishing & Seafood Festival – Sunday, October 7, 2007 www.fishtoday.org – HOST will have a booth and will need volunteers to help man it.
b. HSC Conference topics – Robin and Brad are on the planning committee and have asked for possible topics to be included. Please let Robin know.
7. United States Coast Guard Concerns – Coast Guard has clarified the security zone information for Nawiliwili, Kauai with new definitions for cruise ships and ferries.
8. State of Hawaii Concerns ( DOT Harbors and DLNR) – No representatives from the state were present.
9. Coast Guard Auxiliary Issues – No issues.
10. Announcements: – It was reported that Kikiaola Harbor on Kauai will have renovations made to include dredging and a breakwater.
11. Next meetings: Advisory Board Meeting: October 11, 2007
Membership Meeting: October 18, 2007
12. Adjourn at 4:45 pm .