HOST ADVISORY BOARD MEETING
April 12, 2007
Robin Bond Capt. Vincent Atkins
Brad Rimell Randy Swindell
CDR Kathleen Moore Arlen Walsten
L T JG Quincey Adams Chris Woolaway
T roy Brown Robin Bond Jr.
George Butler Scott Cunningham
Randy Cates Skippy Sweet
Kimo Corstorphine Mark Knutson
Michael Jones Blaine Rogers
Dan Polhemus Dave Gulko
Ward Graessle T ate Marks
Carlie Wiener John Regan
AGENDA I T EM #1 Call to Order & Introductions
Robin called the meeting to order at 3:02 . A quorum was present.
AGENDA ITEM #2 Approval of the Minutes of last meeting.
Approval of meeting minutes after the correction of a typo for the March 8th meeting, Robin will correct
AGENDA ITEM #3 Treasurer’s Report
Chris reported that HOS T has $3,026.28 in the checking account.
AGENDA I T EM #4 Next Membership Meeting T opics – April 19, 2007
• USCG recent incident report, including final report on the Casitas
• USCG report on “Homeport”
• NOAA IDEA Center
• Multiple Ship Mooring SOP Update
AGENDA ITEM #5 Pending HOST Safety Issues
• SOP 7-98 Multiple Cruise Ships visiting Offshore Port Anchorages – Kim
T his is essentially completed by Kim they need to go back to the stakeholders. We will need to check with Robin.
• T ug Assistance – T om/ T roy – Brad nothing new to report.
• Shore Entry Safety Subcommittee – On hold.
• Harbor Congestion – T he Subcommittee has not met yet.
• SOP 1-97 Vessel Maintenance & Repair at Anchor-Ship agencies Bill advised that fees are going up and that agents booked two ship repairs.
AGENDA ITEM #6 Old Business
• Parking situation at the Hawaii Yacht Club-Parking is still not resolved. T he Waikiki YC has offered meeting space for $35. Michael Jones assured HOS T that something will be done to ease the parking situation at the Ala Wai.
• HSC conference – May 9 -11 in Chicago – Robin said that there is a Conference planning call every other week. Both Robin and possibly Brad will be going.
AGENDA I T EM #7 New Business
AGENDA I T EM #8 USCG Concerns
• Capt. Atkins asked if the HOS T web site is island specific. T here is also concern about recent diving deaths on Maui . Capt. Atkins wanted to see if there could be an engagement of all the dive companies with possibly the CG Aux coordinating. CG personnel could be available to participate.
AGENDA I T EM #9 – State of Hawaii Concerns ( DO T Harbors and DLNR)
• Mike Jones, Asst. Oahu District Manager from DLNR, DOBOR discussed increase of enforcement on the water. Mike also mentioned that there is an increase of the boating fees scheduled in March. T here are a number of legislative bills introduced. One covers boater liability insurance for boats in the small boat harbors. T his will help with covering the costs of vessel recovery. Mike will get the legislative list to Robin.
AGENDA I T EM #10 – Coast Guard Auxiliary Issues –
• John Regan reported about the boating safety event during boating safety week. It will be held at Ke’ehi Small Boat Harbor.
AGENDA I T EM #11 – Announcements:
• Dave Lyman Day meeting on the 12th.
• Baseline Study for ORMA (Ocean Recreational Management Plan)
Robin asked if there were any further comments. Hearing none he adjourned the meeting.
NEX T MEE T INGS
Advisory Board Meeting: May 10, 2007 , 3:00 pm , Hawaii Yacht Club located in the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor .
General Membership Meeting April 19, 2007 , 2:00 pm , Honolulu Community College Marine Education T raining Center located just over the bridge off Sand Island Road .