Advisory Board Meeting
Hawaii Yacht Club
January 10, 2008
CDR Kathy Moore Randy Swindell
Bob Heidrich Kim Beasley
Robin Bond LT. Quincey Adams
Bill Anonsen Kimo Corstorphine
Anne Stevens Rich Demuth
Jeff Conners Lt. Jeff Taylor
Bill Mossman Warren Ditch Jr.
Paula Carroll Richard Davison
Bill Davis Neil Kanemoto
Jeff Taylor with NOAA, offices at the Pacific Services Center. He is involved in a broad variety of harbor development issues. He deals with waterways and charting accuracy issues.
AGENDA ITEM #1 Call to Order
Robin called the meeting to order. A quorum was present.
AGENDA ITEM #2 Approval of the Minutes of the last meeting.
Minutes for the last meeting were not ready to be presented for discussion and approval.
AGENDA ITEM #3 Treasurer’s Report
Chris Woolaway was unable to attend. Current funds total $2,668.81. Recent expenditures include $415.00 in food costs for the Christmas Party. Also $50.00 was paid to the Yacht Club. There have been no expenditures this month.
AGENDA ITEM #4 Christmas Party critique
Everyone agreed the Christmas Party was a great success. Everyone received at least two door prizes. The food was great. Robin thanked everyone who joined in the fun and those who contributed funds, food or prizes.
AGENDA ITEM #5 Next Membership Meeting Topics
• USCG 2007 statistics review
• Information on TWIC - The USCG will present an informational presentation.
• Presentation on the Harbor Modernization Plan. Sandy Pfund of the Aloha Tower Development Group has a presentation on the plans, funding and current thinking about a six year commercial harbors modernization effort.
• We could ask for an update on the Harbor Parking regulations. Public hearings have been conducted and the feedback has been negative primarily because of the way it is written.
AGENDA ITEM #5 Pending HOST Safety Issues
• SOP 7-98 Multiple Cruise Ships visiting Offshore Port Anchorages - Kim is drafting a letter for Robin’s signature. It will be to the DLNR Harbor agent, Nancy Murphy, recapping what our review consisted of and the results.
• Tug Assist SOP for the neighbor islands. Nothing new at this time. The final draft is at the Attorney General’s office for review. We are hoping for approval to go to public hearing in the early fall timeframe.
• Shore Entry Safety Subcommittee - Robin reported that the subject has been put on hold and is therefore put to sleep.
• Harbor Congestion - Nothing new to report.
AGENDA ITEM #7 Old Business
• HOST Advisory Board Members
• Robin sent letters to Julia Morgan and Mike DeRego thanking them for their participation. They represented commercial fishing. We have one replacement and could use another in this area. We also could use people in Ocean Recreation and Domestic Shipping. Grant Karamatsu of NCL might be a possible participant. Jeff will ask if he is interested.
AGENDA ITEM #8 New Business
• HSC Conference agenda - Nothing new on this.
• Harbor Fest - No information at this time. Bill Davis and Kim Beasley volunteered to get information on the person to contact at the Aloha Tower Market Place.
AGENDA ITEM #8 USCG Concerns
• CDR Kathy Moore - Nothing at this time.
AGENDA ITEM #9 - State of Hawaii Concerns (DOT Harbors and DLNR)
• Bill Davis - Nothing at this time
AGENDA ITEM #10 - Coast Guard Auxiliary Issues
• John Regan was not present.
AGENDA ITEM #11 - Announcements:
• Small Passenger Vessel Industry Day will be held on the 27th of February at the Japanese Cultural Center. More information to follow.
Executive Board Meeting:
February 14th, 3:00 pm, Hawaii Yacht Club located in
the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor.
General Membership Meeting:
February 21st , 2:00 pm, Honolulu Community College Maritime Training Center.